Whole Home Repairs Week of Action
Last year, thanks to the tireless organizing of a coalition of housing and energy advocates, and community organizers, we won $125 million to create the Whole-Home Repairs Program, marking one of the most significant investments in housing that the legislature has made in recent history.
Demand for Whole-Home Repairs has been overwhelming, even before applications have opened to residents, and is expected to exceed the initial $125 million appropriation.
We are now fighting for equitable, permanent funding for all Pennsylvanians. Join us Friday, April 21, in Penn Square, Lancaster, PA, and Monday, May 1, for “May Day” in Harrisburg to close out our rallies and make history to ensure every county has what they need to make our homes whole!
— Eddie and Ashleigh
P.S. If you’re not already a dues-paying member, we’d love to have you become a member of your local chapter today or join as an at-large member.
News You Can Use: A podcast from PA Stands Up.
Welcome to episode 3 of News You Can Use, a podcast by PA Stands Up. On today’s episode, host Pele IrgangLaden interviews Deena Stoudt, Member Leader of Berks Stands Up Housing Justice Committee, about her experiences growing up with housing instability and why she fights so hard for Whole Home Repairs.
PA Stands Up
- 04/20 – Virtual MayDay Mobilization Rally: Sign-up!
- 05/01 – Whole Home Repairs: Harrisburg May Day Rally: Sign-up!
Berks Stands Up
- 04/19 – BSU Housing Justice Team Meeting: Sign-up!
Lancaster Stands Up
Lehigh Valley Stands Up
- 04/22, 04/29, 05/06 & 05/13 – Door Knock for Our Endorsed Candidates: Sign-up!
NEPA Stands Up
- 04/23 – Can a Derailment Happen Here? — Town Hall with RWU: Sign-up!
- 04/24 – NEPA Stands Up Electoral Committee Meeting: Sign-up!
- 04/29, 05/06 & 05/13 – Knock Doors with NEPA Stands Up – Lackawanna County: Sign-up!
- 04/30 – Knock Doors with NEPA Stands Up – Luzerne County: Sign-up!
05/03 – NEPA Stands Up General Meeting: Candidate Meet and Greet: Sign-up!