PA Stands Up Announces Endorsed Candidates Ahead of May 16th Election Day
For Immediate Release: Apr 14, 2023
Eastern Pennsylvania — The membership of Pennsylvania Stands Up (PASU) have selected their champion candidates in the 2023 May 16th primary election. The chapters of PASU are Berks Stands Up, Lancaster Stands Up, Lehigh Valley Stands Up, and NEPA Stands Up.
Their dues-paying members carefully selected progressive and transformative champions that align with the values of PASU. PA Stands Up knows that winning on issues means changing who is in power. More than an announcement of alignment, a PASU chapter endorsement means that members will have an active role in campaigning for the candidates to win for their communities.
Berks Stands Up endorses:
- Jesse Royer for Berks County Commissioner
- Jaime Baez Jr. for Reading City Council District 2
- Vanessa Campos for Reading City Council District 1
- Jennifer Denny for Wilson School Board Director
- Mark Detterline for Reading School Board
- Winston Diloné for Berks County Treasurer
- Adrian Jadic for Berks County Register of Wills
- Chris Miller for Reading City Council District 6.
Lancaster Stands Up endorses:
- Christene Misciagna, Charles Leader, Kathy Hohenadel, Lauren Vonstetten, Sonya Duncan, and Sandy Duncan for Columbia Borough School District
- Erin Small, Megan Eshleman, Kaleb Best, Judy Brady, Peter Langseth for Hempfield School District
- Ian Godinez and Sindy Pollard for Conestoga Valley School District
- Lauren Kuntz for Lampeter-Strasburg School District
- Kristy Moore and Sarah Zahn for Elizabethtown School District
- Kareena Rios, Molly Henderson, Katrina Holmes, Robin Goodson, and Cheryl Desmond for School District of Lancaster
- Amanda Chap, Kimberly Regennas, Kellye McMillion, Dick Hall, Cyndi Delong, Cynthia Wingenroth, and Lydia Walker de Ardon for Warwick School Board
- Ahmed Ahmed, Amanda Bakay, Jamie Arroyo, and John Hursh for Lancaster City Council
- Alice Yoder for Lancaster County Commissioner
Lehigh Valley Stands Up endorses:
- Michael Blichar Jr. and Jon Irons for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Rodney Bushe, Ce-Ce Gerlach, and Sarina Torres for Allentown City Council
- Shonta Ford for East Penn School Board
- Frank Pintabone for Easton City Council
- Baron Vanderburg for Palmer Township Supervisor
- Tara Zrinski for Northampton County Controller
NEPA Stands Up endorses:
- Brian Ferry and Mark Shaffer for Wilkes-Barre City Council
- Dr. Jessica Rothchild for Scranton City Council
- Michelle Rothenbecker and Brittany Stephenson for Luzerne County Council
Member spokespeople and PASU staff will be available for comment on Election Day upon request and at select events in our counties. Our post-election debrief is planned via Zoom on May 18th, 2023 at 7:00pm EST.
At PA Stands Up, we organize for power. Across race, place, and generation, we are building a Pennsylvania that works for #AllOfUs. We have over 2,000 dues paying members across our 5 chapters.