PA Stands Up is an independent political organization by and for the many. We organize Black, brown, and white working people across Pennsylvania's cities, towns, and rural areas. Our chapters in Lehigh, Northampton, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Lancaster, Cumberland, Dauphin, Berks, and Philadelphia counties build grassroots leadership, fight on our issues, and win elections. Together, we are building the durable political infrastructure necessary to win governing power and enact bold, redistributive measures for the common good.
PA Stands Up seeks a Regional Field Director to drive the development and implementation of a statewide field strategy that builds local chapter base power, and works with the Field Director to execute a statewide leadership development and training program. This position is a critical part of Pennsylvania Stands Up, and reports directly to the Executive Director.
The Regional Field Director is directly accountable to the Field Director.
- Demonstrate visionary leadership to grow a mass movement of multi-racial and cross-class working people across Pennsylvania
- Grow and manage a team of paid canvassers who serve as political field support to our local chapters and endorsed candidates, and mobilize thousands of volunteers to participate in our issue and electoral campaigns.
- Drive accountability, ongoing reflection, learning, innovation, and improvement through check-ins, goal setting, accountability, and one to one coaching with each member of the field team
- Meet field and campaign goals in our target geographies
- Exemplify and cultivate a work culture of support and accountability
- Cut and assign turf to paid canvassers
- Maintenance and reporting of paid canvassing campaigns and door-knocking numbers
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Door knocking
- Semi-regular check-ins with the Field Director
- Daily and weekly metric reporting
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of one-three cycles of relevant experience in grassroots organizing, labor, and/or politics, preferably with experience in building grassroots community teams around a common goal
- Experience in project and team management, and staff supervision
- Experience in electoral and membership data management
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience working in rural areas and/or communities of color
- Strong commitment to racial, social, economic, and gender justice
- Strong commitment to independent, innovative political action by and for working people
- Proven track record of planning, managing, and executing complex issue, and legislative campaigns
- A goal-driven, detail-oriented self-starter and problem-solver with the ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Acute strategy development and analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is $4,000 per month. PA Stands Up is dedicated to workers' rights and offers health benefits and generous paid time off to its employees.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter that describes your interest, experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Regional Field Director” in the subject line.
PASU is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ individuals to apply. PASU does not discriminate against or tolerate harassment of any employee because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, any other basis prohibited by law, or protected activity under the anti-discrimination statutes.
A Note to BIPOC Candidates:
Studies have shown that women, nonbinary folks, and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a background less traditional to our field of work, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.