- Drive the development and implementation of statewide issue priorities on a statewide level and in support of local infrastructure building and mobilization;
- Support chapters to identify campaign goals, achieve legislative priorities, and win governing power, including, but not limited to
- Provide regular training and political education on issue campaign work - power analysis, issue cutting, campaign strategy, etc.
- Organize and manage issue cohorts among local chapter leaders and membership
- Represent PA Stands Up in statewide and national coalition spaces that correlate with our issue priorities
- Work with the Organizing Director, local chapters, the statewide political department, and partner organizations to design, execute, and support our electoral program in target geographies that align with short- and long-term campaign goals;
- Support local chapters to identify potential candidates for office through their campaign work.
- Along with Organizing Director, support PA Stand Up’s issue campaign strategy to produce desired electoral and policy outcomes in the mid- and long-term.
- Work with the Communications Director to help shape public messaging and communications strategy to support local issue and legislative campaigns.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in grassroots organizing, labor, and/or politics, preferably with experience in building grassroots political power with a culture of democracy and debate
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience working in rural areas and/or communities of color
- Strong commitment to racial, social, economic and gender justice
- Strong commitment to independent, innovative political action by and for working people
- Proven track record of planning, managing and executing complex issue and legislative campaigns
- A goal-driven, detail-oriented self-starter and problem-solver with ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Experience with and knowledge of Pennsylvania legislative terrain
- Acute political savvy and excellent analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience leading multiple issue teams
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
LOCATION: Pennsylvania. Must be available to travel across the state, when allowable.
HOURS: Full time, salaried position.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive salary package and benefits. Salary range is $60-75K; actual offer amount will be matched to experience, competencies and capacities. Fully paid health insurance. Training and leadership development opportunities, vacation, and time-off.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a RESUME and LETTER (1-2 pages) that describes your interest, experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background to email@example.com. Put “Deputy Campaign Director” in the subject line.
PA Stands Up embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer.