Immediately - June 30, 2021
The core duties and responsibilities of an Administrative & Organizing Assistant revolve around supporting the Deputy Executive Director/Organizing Director. Duties can vary, but generally include:
- Provide overall administrative support to the Deputy Executive Director in the management of the organizing department, including email and calendar management, appointment scheduling, meeting agendas, notes and reports, mobilization reminders to local chapters and at-large members for organizing department events and activities, in collaboration with the statewide organizing team;
- Provide administrative support for securing new department hires, including email and phone communication with candidates, scheduling candidate screenings and interviews coordinating interview teams, including the dissemination of candidate reports, notes and other resources.
- Provide general and activity-specific organizing support to statewide organizing events, activities, projects and campaigns, including organizing chapter involvement in statewide membership recruitment drive;
- Exceptional project and personnel management skill, with a proven ability to keep oneself and others organized, and to prioritize tasks;
- Stellar interpersonal skills, including writing, analysis and verbal communication;
- Strong ability to both follow instructions AND to make independent decisions on a regular basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
- Ability to communicate and to collaborate with other staff, leaders, allies and other organizational stakeholders on a regular basis. Ability to effectively navigate communications across authority lines in order to complete tasks;
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with our senior management team;
- Ability to navigate technology, such as Gsuite, Slack, Zoom and Microsoft, as well as project management and accounting software;
The ideal candidate will be located in Philadelphia, with the ability to engage in periodic socially-distant, outdoor meetings, in good weather.
Full-time Temporary-to-Permanent. Hourly during temporary period; salaried if transitioned to permanent.
Salary & Benefits:
Temporary hourly range is $19-$22/hour, commensurate with experience, competencies and capacities.
Permanent Hire Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary package and benefits for permanent hire, with a salary range of $40-45K; actual offer amount will be matched to experience, competencies and capacities. Fully paid health insurance. Training and leadership development opportunities, vacation, and time-off.
How to Apply:
Please submit a RESUME and LETTER (1-2 pages) that describes your interest, experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background to email@example.com. Put “AdminOrg Assistant” in the subject line.
PA Stands Up embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer.